Little One,
Life has been so busy - I can't imagine how much busier it's going to be once you're in my arms. I want to write about you all the time, and I always have so many thoughts floating through my mind, but when it comes time to sit down and write... I guess I have to work on making that time.
The past two weeks have been rougher than the four preceding weeks. I'm in my third trimester now, and you are growing so quickly - sapping me of energy. My birthday weekend, I got really scared because you stopped moving as much. In fact, I barely felt you for about two days. I can' t believe how much that scared me. I almost cried a few times, wondering if I should go to the hospital to make sure that you were okay. It was the most frightening experience of this pregnancy - which I should be grateful for, because I've had it pretty easy so far. But I couldn't believe just how sad, anxious, and horrified I was at the fact that maybe - just maybe - something could be going wrong. When did I get so attached to you? When did you begin capturing my heart so completely?
As if to show me that, yes, I'm here mom, don't worry about me, you began helping prepare my body for your arrival into this world. I'm experiencing the first big pains of this pregnancy - my sacro-iliac joint is on fire! It comes and it goes, but there's no way to deny that the relaxin is really starting to course its way through my body, loosening up my joints, making my lower back extremely sore, and making things like running more difficult (I lasted 5 minutes on the treadmill last week - my knees and ankles said, "no way, lady.")
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment