Little one,
1) You turned my innie into an outie this week. Gross.
2) You made me pee when I sneezed. Double gross.
3) You grew like crazy, and sapped me of energy.
Despite the above list, I think I'm growing to love you more and more each day. I don't know if it's your constant movements - your need to let me know that you're hanging around comfortably for the time being - or if it's the little hands, feet and bum that brush against my hands when I hold them against my tummy - but I'm falling more in love with you every day. It's weird to say; I mean, I'm loving being pregnant, and despite the lovely aforementioned side effects, it's so absolutely miraculous and energizing that you're growing inside of me. I love it. I love you, and I haven't met you. I never thought I'd feel this way but I'm feeling it.
This week was a little tough, and I think it was a combination of you growing pretty rapidly (a tight belly will attest to that) and some fructose malabsorption on my part. Cleaning up my diet has really helped me recognize very quickly what foods wreak havoc on my system, and after some really cranky days, major exhaustion, digestive upset and carb cravings, I admitted that I was eating way too much fruit sugar - and symptoms of fructose malabsorption include exhaustion, tummy troubles, and crankiness, which I was feeling pretty forcefully this week. I'm enjoying playing around with my diet, and I can't wait to see what happens when you're on the outside - how different foods that I eat will affect you.
Next week I turn 31, and you turn 6 months in utero on my 31st birthday. Then begins the final leg of my first pregnancy - third trimester. I wonder what lovely bodily surprises you'll have in store for me February, March, and April? I'm excited for the Crossfit Open, beginning in March, which you'll be competing (HA) in with me. Not that it'll be much of a competition considering scaling and "talkability" during workouts - I lost my breath many a time during the Open last year and I won't be doing that this time around! I'm still excited to sign up and participate in the WODs, encouraging my friends who are competing along the way. This pregnancy journey has been amazing so far; I hope I continue to feel this great into my third trimester. Thanks for being such a great kid so far.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment