Mack Attack,
Seven months? Seriously? Where has the time gone? And you're HUGE! I bet you're teetering on twenty pounds. You're sitting up on your own, eating more solids than you are nursing, and you are interacting with us so much. This last month has just been incredible. It's that magical six-month mark during which babies start turning into interactive little playbugs. You love sitting up in front of Mama and flapping your hands around. You flail and twist. Still not much turning from back to tummy, although you're definitely capable of it.
But can we talk about something that's really weighing on my mind? Sleep. Yes, sleep. What happened, kid? You were a superstar sleeper for the first four months. Then all of the sudden, huge regression. "Just a stage," I told myself smugly. "Give it a few weeks and he'll be back to sleeping through the night."
Nope.
Ya don't sleep. You're like your sister that way. You go to bed fine at 8 pm, and you wake again to nurse at 11 or so, but after that, it's a game of "how many times can I wake Mama up?" Whether you're happily scratching your nails against the sides of the playpen or crying in teething pain, it's about every hour and a half to two hours that you need to make your presence known. And truly, I wouldn't mind, if I wasn't so. Darn. Tired. I feel like a zombie much of the time. I want to give you and your sister the best of me, but when I'm not getting decent sleep, a little cloud follows me around all day. I know it will change (or at least I pray it does), but really, it's my only complaint about you. I wish you slept better so that I could sleep better. Selfish, I guess. You're a happy kid. So I shouldn't complain!
You love, love, LOVE stuffed bears, The grin that spreads across your face when your sister hands you a stuffie is incredible. You just light up; you smile with your entire face. You love sticks and spoons and anything that you can whip around, kind of like Buck from The Good Dinosaur. You're my little Buck, my little Mack Truck. I love you so much, my non-sleeping babe.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment