Dear Macklin:
You are proving to be the happiest baby in existence. You smile more than you cry, and it takes practically no effort at all to make your face break into the cutest grin imaginable, dimples popping out all over the place. In fact, if I could pick one word to describe you overall, it would be just that: HAPPY!
You love being carried; you snuggle right up to Mama when she puts you in your wrap and you fall asleep very quickly on walks (which we've been going for frequently, thanks to unseasonably warm weather.) You also love lying on your back and having Mama or Daddy smiling over you or whistling at you. I pray that that grin never fades - it's capable of melting even the most stony heart!
You go to bed at 8:00 every night, like clockwork. I can't get over it. I can put you down fully awake in your bassinet, all swaddled up in your sleep sack, and within ten minutes, you've fallen asleep. ON. YOUR. OWN. Please forgive me, but I never realized that this was possible. I also didn't know it was possible for babies to refuse the breast when they are legitimately not hungry (forgive me, Lexi, but you would have camped out on the boob 24/7 if it was physically possible.) Macklin, if you're not hungry, you're like, "get that thing OUTTA MY FACE!" Someday, you will be mortified that I wrote that about you. I hope that day doesn't come too quickly. But, seriously? A baby who doesn't comfort nurse? GLORY BE!
I love afternoon naps with you, lying in bed with you on one side, sighing contentedly. We even shared a nap with Lexi one Friday afternoon a few weeks ago, and I can't tell you how absolutely blessed I get to be in bed with my two beautiful babes.
Speaking of Lexi, she's your #1 fan. She calls you "Macklinee", and continually raves about you: "Macklinee so cute! Macklinee funny! Me love Macklinee!" She cuddles you every chance she gets, so when she came down with croup at the very beginning of March, she was devastated when I wouldn't let her near you for fear of you catching this awful virus. I think that's been one of the biggest fears to date of having two; keeping the toddler away from the infant. Constant vigilance!
Month two has seen you turn from infant to baby, awaken to the world, and hold your head up high, curiously observing the world around you. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU God, for our miraculous, curious, happy Macklin!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment