Daytime has been pretty fantastic, too. Although you've been eating like CRAZY (read; hours on end) for the past two days, you are a very happy baby so far when you're not hungry. You love looking around and checking things out, and the enormous wrinkles on your forehead make you look like a worried old man. In the cutest way possible. You're adorable, Macklin - I can't wait to see what a handsome young man you turn into someday.
I pulled out some family photos the other nations get, and determined that out of everyone in the family, so far you look the most like your uncle Louis. It's too bad he isn't living in Alberta anymore; he missed your birth by two months. You have his colouring, lighter hair, and blue eyes. I think you look like your big sister in the chin, mouth, and nose, but your eyes and even head shape are definitely different. And those hands and feet - they're enormous! Not to mention the fact that you sport the anatomy that comes it's being a boy - that's made diaper changes interesting so far. You've managed to owe on your own face... And even inside your ear. Yup, I learned the hard way to cover you up during diaper changes!
You have the most expressive little face, with bulldog-like wrinkles on your forehead that completely smooth out when you're relaxed. You've been likened to an "old man turtle", in the cutest way imaginable. You have a strong little neck, and during tummy time, you'll lift your head for a few seconds and glance around. You love taking in the world... them quickly falling into a deep snooze for a little while.
At first, I couldn't imagine having another child who wasn't a clone of Lexi. I was so surprised when they handed you to me at the hospital and you weren't a little clone of your big sister. I am so in love with who you are already, and it's only been a week. It's cliche... but please, don't grow!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment