Friday, July 5, 2013

Week 9: This Too Shall Pass

Lexi,

Wow... what a rough week. You've been tanking up for a growth spurt, and very, very needy. Your momma's not been feeling so great, so that combined with a fussy baby has made this a week for the books. Above it all, though, you are so beautiful and amazing - I've had a lot of the guilty, "I'm not good enough at this mothering thing" feelings this week. I know they'll pass and that I'm doing the best that I can... I just have to keep plugging through the hard times! You haven't been particularly fussy... Mama's just not 100% this week!

Monday marked two months of your presence in this world! It was Canada Day, and I took you to Rosemary to watch the parade. You got lots and lots of cuddles... and sunshine! We spent hours in your godfather John's grandmother's backyard. I tried to keep you in the shade all day because it was sweltering out. The next day the temperature rose to 40 degrees - we spent the whole day in air conditioning and relaxed! 

You had your first ball game on Wednesday night. You were so well behaved in the dugout. I wonder what kind of sports you're going to play when you get older... I wonder what your interests are going to be, what kind of music you're going to listen to... you're already changing and growing so much, and this is just the beginning. 

Right now you're asleep on your daddy's chest and it's so adorable. Usually you're pretty fussy in the evenings but tonight has been such a blessing. I love it when you're cuddly. 

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment