Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week 4: The Swing of Things

Lexi,

Today marks the end of your fourth week with us. It'd be cliché for me to say that time is flying, but it is. And you're getting bigger. And stronger. And more beautiful. And... dare I say it? Easier to understand? I'm going to regret that one later on!

It's so enthralling to watch you change every single day. Earlier in the week, you were nestled into your car seat with your eyes closed. Daddy was rocking you a little bit, and you slowly opened one eye, spotted him, then closed it quickly. A few moments later, you repeated this, causing your father to break out in laughter, saying "you're just pretending to be asleep!" The way you melt your daddy's heart is one of the things that I love the most about you. He's not exactly what you'd call an emotional or sensitive guy, but your presence around him has done something wonderful.

You really detest pooping. You squirm and cry and fuss, but once the deed is done, you're the happiest little girl. You're so quiet and so observant of everything around you. When you sleep, you look like an angel. I think 80% of he photos I take of you are sleeping photos. And I still feel like I'm not taking enough.

This week marked many little smiles on your part - not in response to anything in particular, but it is still so magical to see a little grin spread across your sweet little mouth. I think I could watch you sleep forever.

I read a book to you the first time today while nursing you in the morning. It was Robert Munsch's Love You Forever. When I told Daddy over supper that I read it to you, he asked, "did you cry?" He knows me too well. Of course! I bawled. It made me think of my own mother, your Grammy, who gave me the book for a birthday a few years ago. Being a mom has given me a whole new appreciation for my own mother. After all, I was once her baby.

And forever my baby you'll be.

Love,

Mama








No comments:

Post a Comment