Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 33: Spin, Baby, Spin!

Little One,

Daddy asked if I had a wall ball in my tummy, too.
You are getting bigger and bigger every week, so big that total strangers are no longer afraid to mention the fact that I'm pregnant (a lady at Home Hardware asked me when I was due, then showed me pictures of her new granddaughter on her iPhone). I guess it's not something you can hide at 33 weeks! The funniest thing is how the shape of my belly changes, seemingly, day to day, depending on how you're lying. I'm a little bit frustrated with the health care system right now, because the doctor couldn't tell if you were head up or head down, and they won't do an ultrasound until 37 weeks to determine if you're still breech. In the doctor's words: "Baby is really low in your pelvis, but I can't tell if it's his/her head or his/her bum!") Even more frustrating is that I can't tell! I have a feeling that you're still breech based on where I feel most of your movement, but I'm not certain. This week I'm amping up on my baby spinning exercises, and next week I'm seeing a chiropractor for a hip adjustment to promote a head-down entry into this world. All of this stuff is so scary right now because I've never been through it before, but I just have to trust that you'll come into this world the way you're supposed to, and as long as I do what I can to make sure your delivery is safe, the medical world will work its wonders, too.

We had another fantastic Crossfit Open experience again this past Saturday - 13.3 was 150 wall balls, 90 double-unders and 30 muscle-ups in 12 minutes. I went in planning on 10 wall balls a minute for a score of 120 - I just wanted to make sure I'd be able to talk the whole way through. Imagine my surprise when I hit 150 wall balls with a minute and a half of time left - and I managed to crack out 53 double-unders, beating my score of 167 from last year with a score of 203. I couldn't believe it - I had the stupidest grin on my face throughout the double-unders (lots of photographic evidence of that) and I was again blown away by the support of my teammates. Being able to continue well into my third pregnancy has been such a blessing. I couldn't ask for more!

Last night, I held P & K's baby M who's two weeks old. I rocked and rocked him, totally in awe at how tiny he is, and even more in awe that you'll be coming along in 6 weeks - give or take a few. Daddy said last night he's sick of me being pregnant ("it's just gone on long enough") and he sanded your dresser (his old one) without me nagging him too much to get it done, so it looks like he's getting anxious to meet you, too. Stay safe in there... we're anxious to meet you but we can definitely wait a few weeks. :)

Love,

Mama

1 comment:

  1. that's to bad that your doctor cannot tell if the baby is head down or not. I had the same issue at 35 weeks, she had flipped and I went for an ultrasound to make sure and she had flipped again, so baby Liboiron has lots of time to wiggle to the right position. I know my chiro told me that if she didn't flip he had an adjustment that he could do to make her flip.Good luck and I am sure everything will work out. :)

    ReplyDelete