Sunday, May 8, 2016

Macklin: 4 months old

Sweet Baby Mack,

We're out of the "fourth trimester"! You're quickly coming out of that sweet baby slumber, and are interacting more and more with your environment every single day. You're watchful, communicative, and - is it a surprise to anybody? - as smiley as ever. That grin... those dimples... you'll be a heartbreaker someday.

This month, you travelled (very well, I might add) to Pincher Creek with Mama where you observed (and slept through) your first CrossFit competition. I love that hundreds of pounds dropping on the floor doesn't even phase you; in fact, after the initial shocked look, your face would usually revert back to its usual adorable smile. You managed to spit up all over Mama's CrossFit Bad Apples shirt; good thing I was sweaty and gross anyways. I loved having you with me, sharing what I love so much with the baby that I love so much!

We welcomed you into our community of faith during your baptism on April 28 at Tide Lake in Jenner, where your daddy and sister were baptised, and where your daddy and mama were married. You were smiling the entire time, and when Fr. Raul poured holy water over your head, you grinned and grinned. Happy to be a part of our Catholic faith, I'm willing to bet. We had a party afterwards and celebrated your baptism as a family and as a community. It was wonderful.

Your sister adores you, sweet baby Mack. She coos over you, brings you toys, and sometimes blames things on you ("Macklin hit me with his toy!" cue: eye roll from Mama.) You're one loved and cuddled kid. Let's see what this next month has in store!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment