We've made it! You're three months old, and the super sleepy infant stage has officially come to a close. You, my dear squish, are the smiliest baby alive. You smile like crazy. You love smiling. You can be in the middle of a screaming fit, and you'll just break into smiles. And you've got a smile that melts hearts. You're also babbling like crazy; I call you my little t-rex when you make your dinosaur-like shrieks. You love playing with your voice, finding higher and higher pitches seemingly every day.
You're a pretty sleepy baby so far, too. You slept eight hours at ten weeks old. Way to go; high five! There are still nights here or there when you're up every hour, but not everyone can be a perfect sleeper. I'm just so grateful that you go to bed at eight p.m., and you typically don't wake til at least one or two in the morning - sometimes three.
The exception to your smiliness and sleepiness was post-immunizations. You had your two-month immunizations this month, and for about a week, you were one unhappy kid. You barely napped, you cried all the time, and you didn't really want to nurse. This was compounded by the fact that one of your bottom teeth decided to begin pulsing below the gumline, ready to make an appearance any day now. Seriously? Why can't my kids' teeth wait until they can hold a teething ring on their own?
I felt like a pretty horrible mom a few days in your third month. The first was when your sister was at her dayhome, and I decided that I'd spend my day alone with you cleaning the house. I was doing a great job taking care of the laundry room, and to keep you entertained, I'd placed you on the little playmat with the "pie-doh" (Lexi's way of saying "spider"). As I was quickly moving back and forth, tidying, didn't I go ahead and step on your tiny foot. YES, I STEPPED ON A TWO-MONTH-OLD'S TINY FOOT! Imagine how horrible I felt! You only cried for a couple of minutes, but my heart sank to the depths of my tummy. The very next day, I was clipping your itty bitty baby nails and on the very last nail - your thumbnail - I clipped your skin. You wailed. You screamed like I've never heard you scream before. And I couldn't help but think, I caused this - your mother, the one whom you're supposed to be able to trust 100%. And so far in your short life, I've already stepped on your foot and cut your thumb. BAD MAMA!
In any case, you're still smiling like crazy and babbling up a storm. Keep telling your stories, my sweet babe - just try not to repeat the story about the time your mama stepped on your foot.
No comments:
Post a Comment